People Finder on Android
CCCF is happy to release new version of the People Finder application for Android devicesVersion : 2.0 Install
Date : 07-May-2014
- Simple Search: Search for the person (using part of the name)and get the details as available in People Finder at TIFR web server.
- Advanced Search: Search for the person using name, dept, role, email and key interests(technology) and get the details as available in People Finder.
- Favourites: Store frequently searched contact details as favourite locally at your phone for quick use.
- Official Mobile: Search for official mobile numbers of People based on role.
- Retired People: Search for people who were ex-employees of TIFR.
- Search for the person (using part of the name)and get the details as available in People Finder at TIFR web server. The application displays the information for the person including a thumbnail photo which is copy protected.
- User can call the persons by clicking on the phone numbers / mobile numbers and selecting 'call'.
- SMS can be sent to mobile numbers by clicking on the mobile number and selecting 'sms'.
- E-mail can be sent using the installed mail client by clicking on the email and selecting 'Email'.
- Frequently required contacts can be stored as favourites using the 'Save' button at the end of contact details displayed and they can then be accessed using the favourites tab.
- Long press on any row at Favourites area will remove the contact from favourites.
- Click on install and wait for the download. Please note that for downloading this application, you must be connected to the TIFR wireless LAN. While using, you can be connected to any wireless network.
After the download is complete, click on the downloaded file and follow the steps as they come.
(Remember to allow internet connectivity either using service provider data packet / wireless network)
- You will have the application installed in your phone
You will have to enable the unknown sources for installation at your device
Settings ==> Applications ==> Select Unknown Sources
- Internet Data packet / wireless internet needs to be enabled.
The following bugs in version 1 have been fixed in this version
- The application works in TIFR Wireless Network as well as with service provider network.
- Any change in your favourite contacts' data is updated at your phone any time the application is launched.
- Report Bug: Your feedback is important for us to improve the application. Please let us know by mailing us the Bug Report